Dienstag, 23. April 2013

O'Children

What a Band! I heared them 2011 for the first time. "Dead Disco Dancer" was posted in a news group, with the comment, that the singer (Tobias O'Kandi)  would sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Later on a friend of mine told me that it's basically nothing new and Joy Division did that typ of music long before them. I can't realy agree with that, because O'Children sounds definitly fresher to me, than Joy Division or anthying else that I heared before, but there are some similarities. "O'Children" is the name of a song by Nick Cave, which had obviously hugh influence on the same named bands name. 

After a long period, where I haven't been listening to Rock music that much, it was one of the first albums, that I was listening to from the first to the last song. So it's hard to name a favourite song, because they are all almost equaly good. To give you an image, here are two of the highlights:



 O'CHILDREN - DEAD DISCO DANCER



O'CHILDREN - RUINS

There is already a new album, which I haven't listened to yet, but I'll definitly do. I hope it's as good as the first one. 

For further info, check these websites: O'Children@Bandcamp, O'Children@Facebook, O'Children@Last.fm, New Album Apnea and more about Apnea here

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen